Bachelor of Operation Theatre Technology is a 4-year long degree level course. Operation Theatre Technologist is a member of a multidisciplinary team in operation theatres who prepare and maintain an operating theatre. Assists anaesthetist and surgical team during perioperative period and provides support to patients in the recovery room.
• It provides knowledge of disinfection and sterilization.
• It trains a learner to assist surgeons and anaesthetists in surgical procedures.
• It qualifies a learner to improve the quality of patient care provided in the healthcare facility.
|Bachelor of Operation Theatre Technology (BOTT)||Undergraduate||4 years||12th Passed 10+2 with Biology, minimum of 45% aggregate marks||Entrance-Based/Merit Bases|
This course prepares the students to manage all the work of operation theatre. The responsibility of operation theatre technologists is direct and indirect patient care, equipment set up, and operation procedures. The Operation Theatre Technicians / Technologists are a group of professionals with specific skills specialized in Operation Theatre Technology. They play an indispensable role in maintaining equipment, assisting the surgical team, and taking care of patients in recovery rooms. Some of the other personnel in this collective category are radiography technicians, anaesthesia technicians to name a few.
• Rearranging instruments, supplies and equipment.
• Getting the operation theatre ready, and sanitized for the next surgery.
• Properly arranging operation theatre equipment.
• Procuring procedure-specific surgical tools and materials.
• Ensuring that everything required during the surgery is functioning and securely connected.
Career and Duties Opportunity:
• Operation Theatre Technologist
• Operation Theatre Assistant