What do D.L Technician do:-
Medical laboratory technicians and Technologists collect samples and perform the tests to analyse body fluids, tissue, and other substances. Medical laboratory personnel are trained to work with infectious specimens or medical hazards. When they follow proper methods and protections to control infection and sterilize equipment, few hazards exist. They usually wear protective mask, gloves, and goggles for their safety and protection as well as their patients.
Medical laboratory personnel work in a dynamic and evolving environment and use a variety of complex instrumentation to produce medical data in a rapid, accurate and precise fashion. Hospitals and private clinical laboratories are primary work environments for medical laboratory technologist. Other opportunities exist in public health laboratories, research, and educational settings.
Course on offer
Diploma of Medical Laboratory Technology (D.M.LT.)
Course Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: a passed in I. SC. / 10+2 or equivalent examinations with Physics, Chemistry & Biology from recognized board is eligible.
Career and Duties Opportunity:
- Work in Hospital, Laboratories, Blood banks, diagnostic centres, Pharmaceutical centres and Private lab.
- Analyse body fluids such as blood, urine, and tissue and samples to determine normal or abnormal findings.
- Collect and study blood samples for use in transfusions by identifying the number of cells, the cell morphology or the blood group, blood type, and compatibility with other blood types.
- Operate sophisticated laboratory equipment such as microscopes and cell counters.
- Logo data from medical tests and enter results into a patient’s medical record.
- lab Technician, Supervisor