Bachelor of Physiotherapy or BPT is a 4-year undergraduate program which deals with the science of physical movement. BPT course also highlights the importance of six months of mandatory clinical internship.
Physiotherapy is a professional bachelor degree which ensures a job right after completion of the course. You can either work as a qualified healthcare professional in hospitals and physiotherapy clinics or you can set up your own clinic and practice independently. Physiotherapy is a branch of healthcare that applies modes of physical movement including exercise and massage. BPT course provides education, advice, and counselling services to people who are in their old age and need special treatment both physically and mentally. Students enrolled in this program are taught about skills related to manual therapy, exercises, and application of electro-physical mode of treatment, which cure a variety of disabilities and disease associated with the spine, back, neck, and even stress-related problems.
The work of physical therapists varies with the type of patients they serve. For example, a patient suffering from loss of mobility due to Parkinson’s disease needs different care than an athlete recovering from an injury. Some physical therapists specialize in one type of care. Such as paediatrics (treating children) or sports physical therapy.
Career and Duties Opportunity :
- Consultant Physiotherapist in Multi-specialty Hospitals, Health Care Centres, NGOs
- Corporate Physiotherapist in MNCs
- Health Care Physiotherapy Instructor in Modern Gymnasiums
- Ergonomic Care Advisor
- Physiotherapist in Special Schools for Physically Challenged Children
- Physiotherapist in Old Age Residential Homes
- Sports Physiotherapists along with Sports Associations, Sports Team, individually hired physiotherapists by elite athletes
- Entrepreneurs in Rehabilitation Centres/ Organizations
- Private Practitioners running Private Physiotherapy Practice
- Clinical Researcher
BPT : Eligibility
Bachelor of Physiotherapy ( BPT)
4 years & 6 Month Internship
Passed 10+2 with Biology, minimum of 50% aggregate marks