Bachelors of Occupational Therapy, also known as BOT, is a bachelor’s degree programme in the field of medicine. The course has been structured to focus on practices of prevention and cure along with rehabilitation. It teaches the students to tackle the physical, emotional as well as mental problems of students and provide a universal cure for the problem or disease. In these programmes, students learn about means to cure patients by modifying the environment of the patient, educating them, and teaching them how to lead a regular life. Occupational Therapy also focuses on ergo-medicine to promote alternative medicine methods. BOT course has various specialisations to choose from such as Paediatrics, Hand Therapy Adult Rehabilitation, Vision Rehabilitation, Community Consultation, Assisted Living, etc. BOT trains students to become skilled professional occupational therapists, capable of undertaking independent/supervised practice. Key skills drilled into students during the BOT course are- observation, clinical reasoning, treatment planning, and implementation of the same.
Therapists may spend a lot of time on their feet while working with patients. They also may be required to lift and move patients or heavy equipment. Many works in multiple facilities and have travel from one job to another. In addition, therapists may work with individuals who have problems with drug abuse, alcoholism, depression, or other disorders. They may also work with people who have been through a traumatic event, such as a car accident.
Career and Duties Opportunity :
- improve efficiency and quality in delivering healthcare services.
- Work as Occupational Therapists in any MNCs, private and government sector, Old Age Residential Homes.
- Recommend special equipment, such as wheelchairs and eating aids, and instruct patients on how to use that equipment in any hospital and medical centre.
- Review patients ‘medical history, ask the patients questions, and observe team doing tasks.
- Assess and record patient’s activities and progress for patient evaluations, for billing, and for reporting to physicians and other healthcare providers.
- Help people with various disabilities perform different tasks, such as teaching a stroke victim how to get dressed.
- Work as occupation Therapists in special schools for Physically Challenged Children.
- Speech and Language therapy
- OT Technician, Medical Record Technician
- Lecturer and Clinical Researcher
BOT : Eligibility
Bachelors of Occupational Therapy (BOT)
Passed 10+2 with Biology, minimum of 50% aggregate marks