Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology (BMLT) is a three-year undergraduate course which offers candidates thorough knowledge about the laboratory equipment and laboratory diagnostic procedures. The course is helpful for students who wish to pursue a career in the management of laboratories, advancement in laboratories, and instrumentation. With BMLT being one of the fastest growing fields in the healthcare sector, the demand for qualified professionals is growing every day for the treatment of rapidly growing diseases. Degree in BMLT helps you gain practical and technical knowledge for the right diagnosis and how to effectively run biochemical laboratories. After pursuing your degree in BMLT, one can find jobs in areas such as healthcare clinics, government, and private hospitals, medical laboratories, research laboratories, and others. The main aim of the course is to train candidates in the management of operation theatre, effectively handle various medical equipment and expertise in applying medical standards.
Medical laboratory technicians and Technologists collect samples and perform the tests to analyse body fluids, tissue, and other substances. Medical laboratory personnel are trained to work with infectious specimens or medical hazards. When they follow proper methods and protections to control infection and sterilize equipment, few hazards exist. They usually wear protective mask, gloves, and goggles for their safety and protection as well as their patients.
Medical laboratory personnel work in a dynamic and evolving environment and use a variety of complex instrumentation to produce medical data in a rapid, accurate and precise fashion. Hospitals and private clinical laboratories are primary work environments for medical laboratory technologist. Other opportunities exist in public health laboratories, research, and educational settings.
Career and Duties Opportunity :
- Work in Hospital, Laboratories, Blood banks, diagnostic centres, pharmaceutical centres and Private lab.
- Analyse body fluids such as blood, urine, and tissue and samples to determine normal or abnormal findings.
- Collect and study blood samples for use in transfusions by identifying the number of cells, the cell morphology or the blood group, blood type, and compatibility with other blood types.
- Operate sophisticated laboratory equipment such as microscopes and cell counters.
- Logo data from medical tests and enter results into a patient’s medical record.
- R&D Lab Assistant
- lab Technician, Supervisor, Manger
- Lecturer and system analyst
BMLT : Eligibility
Bachelor in Medical Laboratory Technology (BMLT)
Passed 10+2 with Biology, minimum of 50% aggregate marks